Who are the Palestinians?

Discuss world politics in relation to Islam and Muslims.
CuteCoot

Re: Who are the Palestinians?

Post by CuteCoot »

Thanks for the videos. I always find this guy inspiring. I wish I could speak out with such clarity and confidence.

LCD

Post by LCD »

Yohan wrote:If jews are using bible to claim the land of Palestine, they are wrong. Bible makes it clear that Jews are not the natives of Palestine.

Who were the people living in the Palestine region at that time according to Bible? What happened to those people?
They were beaten in conquest, like every nation in the world has beaten other nations in conquest, but only the palistinians make up this idea nad lie about who they are.
You should command that the Qur’an be collected.’” Abu Bakr added, “I said to `Umar, ‘How can we do what the Prophet never did?Jeremiah 31:25 "there will be no more Jews on the Earth when the sun, moon and stars stop shining," i.e. the end of the Earth and civilization.

LCD

Post by LCD »

You know some of you are piss poor liars and crappy historians. there happens to be a roman monument in isreal, which details a frieze of roman soldiers carrying away the pieces of the temple from the second disaspora. Roman records also clearly record that the emperor decided to liquidate the jews and destroy their temple.

Where are the palestinian landmarks showing such information, oh wait, nowhere.
You should command that the Qur’an be collected.’” Abu Bakr added, “I said to `Umar, ‘How can we do what the Prophet never did?Jeremiah 31:25 "there will be no more Jews on the Earth when the sun, moon and stars stop shining," i.e. the end of the Earth and civilization.

marduk

Post by marduk »

This just shows the Romans carrying movie set equipment. See the movie cameras and props? They were making The 10 Commandments, starring Charlton Flavius.

TruthSeeker1433

Post by TruthSeeker1433 »

Jimi wrote:The Arabs and Muslims have like 57 countries. The Jews have one.

If one believes Muslims follow the Quran and land for peace or other plans to work with the Palestinians will end in failor. The Muslims, per the Quran. Will not be happy until the Jews are gone. If you believe the Quran no deals for peace will work. The Jews deserve a home land. The palastians have 57 counties to choose from.

Thank god the Jews in power over there no you can't make deals with the Muslims. The Muslims can't be trusted. You can't make deals with them because their religion tells them to lie and break deals they make. The lieing thing is one more way we can see what Islam really is, a gutter religion.
World Muslim population is 1.6 billion, 1 in 4 people in the world is a Muslim, they consist 24% of the worlds population. World Jewish popualtion is 14 million, they not even 1% of worlds population, lets set this aside. If you owned 58 houses and and somebody came along and kicked you out of your favorate home and said, you have 57 other house's, go live in them. Would would you do? How would you feel? They way i have explained it is not as bad.... Much worse has been done to the Palistanians. To be biased against them because they are Muslims or Arabs is being very narrow minded and being bigotted. If it was the other way around, would you be on the Palistanians side or the "Israelis" ? You not looking at it from a netural perspective.

Muslims are not happy till Jews are gone? Let me remind you that it wasnt the Muslims that persecuted and murdered millions of Jew's. Look at the history of Europe, Roman empire and Babylon's history. I think you need to do a little research on why the Europeans wanted to persecute the Jew's, am not condoning it, infact i condem it but there was reasons behind it.

Muslims do not want the Jews to be gone, we want Zionists to be gone. You dont have to be a Jewish origin to be a Zionist, but most are. I don't consider Zionists to be Jew's, they go against the Jewish religion, they just hide under the Jewish name for their own agenda. If Moses was here and the rest of the Prophets (p.b.u.t) they would all be against the Zionists like Moses was against the Egyptions for the harsh treatment of Hebrews....i asure you.

We want to get rid of all the Zionists in the world and expell the European Jew's in a more humane manner then they expelled the Palastanians and send them back where they came from...Poland, Russia , Amreeka etc etc. The remaining Semitic Jew's that have thier roots in the land can stay and live peacefully with Muslim's and Christians side by side like before the invasion and occupation of the Holy land.

Here is the current vice president of Amreeka, Joe Biden claiming to be a Zionist. You don't need to be a Jew to be a Zionist

http://youtu.be/6cnXeoJYa_Q" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Where does it say that Muslims are told to lie and break deals?

pr126

Post by pr126 »

Treaty of Hudaybiyyah.
Islam: an idea to kill and die for.

LCD

Post by LCD »

marduk wrote:This just shows the Romans carrying movie set equipment. See the movie cameras and props? They were making The 10 Commandments, starring Charlton Flavius.

THOSE are the banners of four specific tribes from the 12 tribes.

Please tell me, you're being sarcastic, because that's in poor taste.

LCD

Post by LCD »

TruthSeeker1433 wrote:
World Muslim population is 1.6 billion, 1 in 4 people in the world is a Muslim, they consist 24% of the worlds population. World Jewish popualtion is 14 million, they not even 1% of worlds population, lets set this aside. If you owned 58 houses and and somebody came along and kicked you out of your favorate home and said, you have 57 other house's, go live in them. Would would you do? How would you feel?
[/quote}

False Analogy. You have no evidence anything was taken from anyone. If you have a home you defend it, otherwise you deserve it to be taken from you, you're specious little point seems to hint that the jews just came in and bullied the people away, when in fact, you have no evdence. You're claim they were always a people, also belies that they had a government and standing armies, but there was virtually no fight, according to the british--who just had the people try and destroy everything they had, you;re telling me, they sat there, and watched and were silent while barbourous hordes of jews, which they brought over i might add. Took things from people? Stole Houses, killed? Did what? Where was the Palestinian Ummah? Why did it not rise up and repel the evil invaders? Because this whole kicking out thing you claimed happen didn't. Because the largest landmark in isreal was Jerusalem, and it was unmanned and undefensed and it was left to nothing.

Even the Indians fought back against Custer. NOT a single piece of evidence supports the palestinian claim, but you know what Muslims expect the world to just accept their ignorance and their sloth, and they can't build nations alone--they need the West's help.

They way i have explained it is not as bad.... Much worse has been done to the Palistanians. To be biased against them because they are Muslims or Arabs is being very narrow minded and being bigotted. If it was the other way around, would you be on the Palistanians side or the "Israelis" ? You not looking at it from a netural perspective.

Muslims are not happy till Jews are gone? Let me remind you that it wasnt the Muslims that persecuted and murdered millions of Jew's. Look at the history of Europe, {/quote]

World War II involved the world, specifically the imam of jerusalem and he approved and designed the tactics hitler used to kill jews. History is replete with examples in Europe and in the middle east of bigotry toward jews, but anti-semitism is alive and well in muslim countries.

Roman empire and Babylon's history. I think you need to do a little research on why the Europeans wanted to persecute the Jew's, am not condoning it, infact i condem it but there was reasons behind it.
Typical muslim response, look it up, cause we won't. And when we look it up, and point out you are a part of it. you turn your head and pretend it didn't happen. Last part of your statement. "I condemn the killing of jews, but i hear there was a reason for it." Would a christian be able to say. "Muslims shouldn't be shot. Unless there's a really good reason."

Muslims do not want the Jews to be gone, we want Zionists to be gone. You dont have to be a Jewish origin to be a Zionist, but most are. I don't consider Zionists to be Jew's, they go against the Jewish religion, they just hide under the Jewish name for their own agenda. If Moses was here and the rest of the Prophets (p.b.u.t) they would all be against the Zionists like Moses was against the Egyptions for the harsh treatment of Hebrews....i asure you.
Every Jew who lives in isreal and who wants isreal to prosper is a zionist. You are naive and fairly stupid. How will you tell zionists apart from non-zionists, essentially you'll look for the person who is a self-loathing jew who wants you to destroy the lives of millions and that's what you'll have to do. You want revenge, and the only answer to what you want will be to kill people and kill jews, and since you can't be sure if a jew is lying to you, you will simply kill them all...you would have us believe that you'd enter isreal saying. "We only want to kill the zionists," but what you will then do, is you will meet resistance, and that resistance, will keep you from finding the zionists, so you'll have to kill them. YOu will go against isreal and the people there will have to fight you, because that is what communities do.

TruthSeeker1433

pr126 wrote:
Treaty of Hudaybiyyah.
Yes but can you explain to me how Muslims broke the treaty?

TruthSeeker1433

Note

I will reply to everyone on this topic but give me a little time. I have many personal things to do in my life and don't have the time to sit on the internet and debate with people all day but i asure you every reply to me will be met with a response, give it a week.

pr126

Post by pr126 »

TruthSeeker1433 wrote:
pr126 wrote:
Treaty of Hudaybiyyah.
Yes but can you explain to me how Muslims broke the treaty?
The explanation is in your own scriptures.
Seek the truth, TruthSeeker. Although it seems that you have already found your version of the truth.

Sahih Bukhari 618
Narrated 'Aisha: Abu Bakr As-Siddiq had never broken his oaths till Allah revealed the expiation for the oaths. Then he said, "If I take an oath to do something and later on I find something else better than the first one, then I do what is better and make expiation for my oath."

pr126

Post by pr126 »

TruthSeeker1433 wrote:Note

I will reply to everyone on this topic but give me a little time. I have many personal things to do in my life and don't have the time to sit on the internet and debate with people all day but i asure you every reply to me will be met with a response, give it a week.
No pressure, nobody is forcing you to do anything. Anytime you ready.

ygalg

Post by ygalg »

TruthSeeker1433 wrote:If you owned 58 houses and and somebody came along and kicked you out of your favorate home and said, you have 57 other house's, go live in them. Would would you do? How would you feel?
this is not the correct scenario of reality. the correct one would be 56 occupied countries by muslim occupiers. the original habitants of 56 are prisoners in their own country. the 57th is saudi Arabia, the only plausible islamic country to consider. the 58th is jewish until the christian byzantine and muslim invaders came along and ruin this harmony. who should be pissed???
“a true believer as a person so fanatically committed to a cause that no amount of reality can make him abandon it” Eric Hoffer

Gauge123

Post by Gauge123 »

Oh! For the wide expanse of Arab land and all the oil money they have...why are the Palestinians bereft?

The Arab world has no brotherly love for the Palestinians...they use them...as a people...as an instrument of their ideology...as the cutting edge in their strategy...

People blame Israelis...how stupid!

They are just defending themselves...read history!

I blame Arabs!

The whole Arab/Islamic world is to blame for the plight of the Palestinians.

It is of their making and it is what they want....it's their instrument of strategic policy.

They do it by design.

Gauge

Ariel

Post by Ariel »

The heart of the wise inclines to the right,
but the heart of the fool to the left.

Hombre

Post by Hombre »

Palestinians keep harping with bogus claims of "Indigenous" ancestry in the region going back (get this) all tthe way to Canaanites. I did some research & found this. All you have to ask Palestinians to reveal their last (family) names which tell their real place of origin. are are few samples.

Palestinian’s Family name Country of origin
"Masri" "al-Masri" "al-Fayyumi" "Metzarwah".......................Egypt
“Arafat” “Bardawil”

Abu-Kishk" “al-Shakirat" “al-Zabidat" “al-Aramsha"...............Bedouin (Egypt)

"Hamati" "Alawi" "Halabi" "Nashashibi" ..............................Syria

"al-Faruqi" "Iraqi" "al-baghdadi" “Zubeidi” "Zoabi".................Iraq

"al-Qurashi"(1) "al-Hijazi"/"Hijazi" "Dajani"..........................Saudi Arabia
"al-Husayni" "Saudi" "Omayya"

"al-Azd" "al-Yamani" "Murad" "Haddadins" "Mattar"............Yemen

al-Lubnani", "al-Sidawi" "Tarabulsi"....................................Lebanon

"al-Araj" "al-Mughrabi".....................................................Moroccan

“Erakat” “Barghouti”(2).................................................... Jordan

(1) Prophet Muhammad’s (PBUH) Tribe.
(2) Converted to Islam from Christianity in 7th century

Hombre

Post by Hombre »

The Eight Solution – Palestinian City-States

(Developed by Dr. M. Kedar Bar-Ilan University)
- It is a known fact that, throughout Arab societies – Palestinian included – Individual’s loyalty is first to the local heads of Tribes & the family (Hamulah) before the central government. Often Tribal leaders compete with central government over authority.

- Trust: Palestinians in one city do not trust – nor marry their sons or daughters to fellow Pals from other cities.

- Conflict between the head of Tribes & the central government are the reasons for the difficulties facing PLO, Hamas & other factions to form one central & cohesive government paramount to any viable state.

- Prominent Tribes:
Husayni, Tuqan, Nabulsi, Khoury, Tamimi, Khatib, Ja’bari, Masri, Kan’an, Shaq’a, Barghouthi, Shawwa, Erekat, Yehyah,

Solution: The only successful states are the one comprising one dominant Tribe - such as 7-Emirates of UAE. While other like Iraq, Syria, Yemen, etc are failed states. PLO/PA should also consider this option.

- The City-States: Hebron, Jericho, Ramallah, Nablus, Jenin, Tul-karem Qalqilya & Bethlehem. Gaza is already a de facto an independent emirate ruled by Hamas & 6 heads of Hamulas there.

Source: https://nebula.wsimg.com/76ac7cd0657e0b ... =1stinains" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; problem -

SAM let me know what you think on this ingenius plan.?

Ariel

Post by Ariel »

Arabs Are Fed Up With the 'Ungrateful' Palestinians

Scenes of Palestinians burning and trampling flags of the United Arab Emirates (UAE) and pictures of its de facto ruler, Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Zayed, have sparked a wave of protests in a number of Arab countries. Their citizens are accusing the Palestinians of ingratitude, treason and hypocrisy.

The powerful reactions of many Arabs to the Palestinian campaign of incitement against the UAE -- after its agreement establish relations with Israel -- are yet another sign of the increased disillusionment in the Arab world with the Palestinians.

The message the Arabs are sending to the Palestinians is roughly, "We are fed up with you and your cause. You people are ungrateful, hypocritical and vindictive. Decade after decade, we pumped billions of dollars into your coffers -- and now you have the arrogance to burn our flags and pictures of our leaders and hurl insults at us."

As Emirati academic Dr. Waseem Yousef wrote on Twitter: "It is stupid to burn my country's flag and want me to salute you." In other posts, Yousef commented on the Israel-UAE deal: "When I see the flag of my country being burned by some Palestinians because of the peace treaty with Israel – I apologize to every Israeli man if I offended him in the past."

Yousef also wrote: "The happiness of the Israeli people with the peace agreement shocked me. I was not expecting it – the peoples want peace".

Most of the Arabs who feel offended and betrayed by the Palestinians are citizens of the UAE and Saudi Arabia who have taken to social media outlets and other platforms to express their disgust with the Palestinians and their Palestinian Authority and Hamas leaders in the West Bank and Gaza Strip.

Two popular anti-Palestinian hashtags that have been trending on Twitter in recent months are called: "To Hell With You And Your Cause" and "Palestine Is Not My Cause."

The hashtags, managed by citizens of the UAE and Saudi Arabia, are basically telling the Palestinians that the Arabs are fed up with them and their failed leaders. The UAE and Saudi citizens are also using the social media posts to express outrage over the Palestinians' growing incitement against several Arab states and their leaders, particularly concerning readiness of some Arabs to normalize their relations with Israel.

"Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates were the most powerful supporters of Palestine," noted one of the UAE-affiliated accounts on Twitter. "Imagine that in just 17 years, Saudi Arabia paid [the Palestinians] $6 billion and the UAE $2.5 billion. This means that in 40 years, we are talking about no less than $20 billion. I expect that had we spent this money on Israel, its people would have converted to Islam."

"We spent on the Palestinians what is equivalent of the budgets of five African countries, and in the end they cursed us and accused us of being traitors," replied another UAE-affiliated social media user, referring to charges by Palestinian leaders that the UAE has "betrayed Al-Aqsa Mosque, Jerusalem and Palestine" by agreeing to establish relations with Israel.

A number of Saudi and Emirati political activists and academics seized the opportunity to remind the world of the Palestinians' previous meddling in the internal affairs of Arab countries, specifically Jordan and Lebanon.

The activists and academics reminded the Palestinians and other Arabs of the PLO's involvement in the 1970 Jordanian crisis, also known as Black September, when the Jordanian Armed Forces clashed with PLO members who were acting as a state within a state in the kingdom.

Tensions between the PLO and the Jordanians reached a peak in September 1970. A week after the failed assassination of King Hussein on September 1, four airliners were hijacked by the PLO's Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine (PFLP), prompting the Jordanian government to declare martial law in the kingdom. In the next few weeks, heavy fighting erupted between the Palestinians and the Jordanian army. By the summer of 1971, all Palestinian forces had been expelled from Jordan to Lebanon.

They Saudis and Emiratis also reminded everyone of the role the PLO played in the Lebanese civil war, which erupted in 1975 and resulted in the deaths of tens of thousands of people.

"On April 13, 1975, a series of skirmishes started when the Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO) guerrillas on a bus fired weapons as they passed a church," according to Calude Salhani, a columnist for The Arab Weekly.

"When they refused to be diverted by [Christian] Phalangist militias directing traffic, an altercation took place in which the PLO bus driver was killed. Some time later, unidentified gunmen approached the church in two cars and opened fire, killing four people. That date is now considered the start of the civil war. A major contributor was religion. Another was the presence of heavily armed Palestinian commandos."

The Arab political activists and academic did not forget to call out the Palestinians for their biggest betrayal of all Arabs: Supporting Saddam Hussein's 1990 invasion of Kuwait.

According to some studies, hundreds of Palestinians joined the Iraqi security forces' newly established "popular army" in Kuwait and assisted in the oppression of the Kuwaiti people.

"During the day, the Palestinians hurl insults at the Gulf and accuse the Arabs of selling out [to Israel], but at night these Palestinians go to work in Jewish bars," according to another comment posted under the hashtag "To Hell With You And Your Cause."

Several Gulf citizens have expressed gratitude to Israeli policemen who stopped Palestinians from burning UAE flags and photos of Bin Zayed during Friday prayers at Jerusalem's Al-Aqsa Mosque.

"A thousand greetings to our [Jewish] cousins," commented Gulf citizen Adnan al-Ameri in response to a video showing Israeli policemen preventing Palestinians from trampling on a poster of Bin Zayed. "By God, they [the Israeli policemen] are more honorable than some of the [Palestinian] homeless. A video that deserves to be retweeted with full force."

The Palestinian leaders' strong condemnation of the UAE and other Arab states that support normalization with Israel has also driven many Arabs to raise the issue of financial corruption of the Palestinian leadership. Some Gulf citizens pointed out that the personal fortunes of Hamas leaders Ismail Haniyeh and Khaled Mashaal are worth at least $9 billion, while others claimed that Mahmoud Abbas's personal wealth is estimated at $200 million.

A public opinion poll published last year showed that 80% of Palestinians feel that they have been abandoned by the Arab countries. Judging from the reactions of many Arabs to the Palestinian campaign of incitement against Arab governments seeking peace with Israel, it is safe to assume that this percentage will increase sharply.

The Palestinians are good at making enemies, and this time it seems that they have been wildly successful in earning both the wrath and the disgust of a large number of Arabs. At this rate, the Palestinians will soon wake up to discover that they have more support in China and Europe than in their own backyard.

pr126

Post by pr126 »

"The Palestinian people does not exist. The creation of a Palestinian state is only a means of continuing our struggle against the state of Israel for our Arab unity. In reality today there is no difference between Jordanians, Syrians and Lebanese. Only for political and tactical reasons do we speak today about the existence of Palestinian people, since Arab national interest demands that we posit the existence of a distinct 'Palestinian People' to oppose Zionism.

For tactical reasons, Jordan, which is a sovereign state with defined borders, cannot raise claims to Haifa and Jaffa, while as a Palestinian, I can undoubtedly demand Haifa, Jaffa, Beer-Sheva and Jerusalem. However, the moment we reclaim our right to all of Palestine, we will not wait even a minute to unite Palestine and Jordan."

This quote is from March 31 1977, Zahir Muhsein executive committee member of the Palestinian Liberation Organization (PLO) who said it in an interview with the Dutch paper Trouw.

The 'Palestinian People' was created by Yasser Arafat after the 1967 6-day war on the advice of the Soviet Union.
There was no mention of the 'Palestinian People' anywhere before the 6-Day war.

Ariel

Post by Ariel »

Saudi Arabia: We, Too, Are Fed Up with the Palestinians

by Khaled Abu Toameh

[M]any Saudis and other Gulf citizens expressed support for Prince Bandar bin Abdulaziz's criticism of the Palestinians, with some saying the time has come for a new Palestinian leadership that prioritizes its people's interests and does not pocket the financial aid sent to them by the Arab countries and the West.

"Palestinian leaders stole the aid sent to the Palestinian people and built mansions in Washington, Paris and London, while ignoring the suffering of their people." — Saudi political analyst Abdel Rahman Al-Mulhem, Al-Yaum, October 9, 2020.

According to Fahd Al-Shoqiran, a Saudi researcher and columnist, Palestinians "must be reminded that the hundreds of billions of money their leaders received to support their cause from Saudi Arabia throughout its history were capable of building the Palestinians huge cities." Instead, Al-Shoqiran said, Palestinian leaders used the money to buy private planes and luxurious buildings in Europe and the US... "The prince's speech was clear, direct, accurate and frank. The speech is a wake-up call. Things have changed...."

What is evident, meanwhile, is that, where Saudi Arabia is concerned, the Palestinians are on very thin ice. In fact, they may wake up to discover that the ice is melting all over the Arab world.

Saudi Prince Bandar bin Sultan bin Abdulaziz's scathing and unprecedented attack on the Palestinian leadership adds Saudi Arabia and its citizens to the growing list of Arabs who regard the Palestinians as "ungrateful." (Image source: kremlin.ru)

Saudi Prince Bandar bin Sultan bin Abdulaziz's scathing and unprecedented attack on the Palestinian leadership, during an interview aired by Saudi Al-Arabiya television station on October 6, adds Saudi Arabia and its citizens to the growing list of Arabs who regard the Palestinians as "ungrateful."

During the interview, the prince, a former Saudi ambassador to the US, said that "the Palestinian cause is a just cause, but its advocates are failures, and the Israeli cause is unjust, but its advocates have proven to be successful."

He accused the Palestinians of cozying up to Saudi Arabia's foes, Iran and Turkey, and criticized them for accusing the United Arab Emirates and Bahrain of betrayal for agreeing to establish relations with Israel." He also accused the Palestinians of "ingratitude or lack of loyalty" toward Saudi Arabia and other Arab countries that supported them for decades.

After the interview, many Saudis and other Gulf citizens expressed support for Prince Bandar bin Abdulaziz's criticism of the Palestinians, with some saying the time has come for a new Palestinian leadership that prioritizes its people's interests and does not pocket the financial aid sent to them by the Arab countries and the West.

"I believe that the time has come to form a permanent Arab committee under the umbrella of the Arab League to manage the Palestinian issue and conduct face-to-face dialogue with Israel," said Emirati columnist and political analyst Abdullah Nasser Al-Otaibi. "Today, after this very revealing and frank talk (by the Saudi prince), I strongly believe in the need for the Arabs to find a way to manage the Palestinian issue."

Al-Otaibi is one of several Arab commentators who have recently talked about the need for the Arab countries to take matters into their own hands and try to solve the Israeli-Arab conflict without involving the failed and corrupt Palestinian leadership. This is a demand that no Arab has dared to make in the past few decades. It demonstrates that a growing number of Arabs believe that there can be no solution to the Israeli-Arab conflict as long as the current Palestinian leadership remains in power.

Saudi political analyst Fahim Al-Hamid noted that over the past several decades, the Palestinians have missed many opportunities to find a solution to their conflict with Israel.

Referring to the ongoing power struggle between the Palestinian ruling Fatah faction in the West Bank and Hamas in the Gaza Strip, Al-Hamid accused the two parties of 'trafficking" in the Palestinian issue.

"When Israel withdrew from the Gaza Strip in 2005, it was possible for the Palestinians to seize the opportunity to achieve more gains," he wrote.

"Hamas, however, refused to unite the Palestinians and established the foundations for the beginning of the division between the Palestinians. Instead, Hamas sought to raise funds from Turkey, Qatar and Iran."

Praising Prince Bandar's statements, Al-Hamid added:

"It is unfortunate that the Palestinian brothers have traded in their issue for more than 60 years and insisted on not compromising, sabotaging negotiations and rejecting all peace initiatives. The time for trafficking in the concerns of the Palestinian people is over. The interest of the people in Gaza and the West Bank requires the intervention of rational Arabs to achieve comprehensive peace in the region. We tell the Palestinians what (US) President (Abraham) Lincoln said: 'You can fool all the people some of the time and some people all of the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.'"

Saudi columnist Mohammed Al-Saaed, echoing Prince Bandar bin Abdulaziz's criticism, refuted Palestinian claims that they do not meddle in the internal affairs of Arab countries:

"Over the past six decades, the Palestinians have presented themselves as being neutral on Arab issues. However, they [Palestinians] have turned themselves into puppets in the hands of Qatar, Turkey and Iran. The Palestinians have practiced systematic terror against most Arab countries and directed their guns and bombs against the Arabs."

Al-Saaed said that the Palestinians have also been engaging in another form of terrorism: extorting money from the Arabs "or else they count you as hostile (to the Palestinians). We must not forget their terrorist operations against consulates and embassies, assassinations of Saudi figures, as well as the hijacking and bombing of airplanes."

He went on to accuse the Palestinians of insulting Saudi Arabia by burning its flags and pictures of its leaders and publishing offensive cartoons in media outlets run by members of Fatah and Hamas. Al-Saaed added:

"Saudi Arabia only wants (the Palestinians) to stop hurting the kingdom and its citizens. The Palestinians must be aware that the popular mood on the Saudi street is no longer able to tolerate these abuses. The Palestinian leadership must take a rational position before losing Saudi Arabia's support."

Saudi political analyst Abdel Rahman Al-Mulhem praised the Saudi prince for exposing the Palestinian leadership failures. "The masks have fallen and the truth has been revealed," Al-Mulhem wrote. "Palestinian leaders could have ended the tragedy of the Palestinian people by accepting United Nations Resolution 242," he said, referring to the November 22, 1967 resolution that talked about "the need to work for a just and lasting peace in which every State in the area can live in security and peace within recognized boundaries free from threats or acts of force."

Al-Mulhem said he fully agreed with the Saudi prince's assertion that Palestinian leaders do not want to end the conflict with Israel because they want to preserve their personal interests, and added:

"Palestinian leaders missed many opportunities that could have ended the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, but they squandered these opportunities so that they could continue to trade in the Palestinian issue... Palestinian leaders have chosen to align themselves with Iran, the No. 1 enemy of the Arab nation. What has Iran done for Palestine since 1979? Iran is a terrorist country. Terrorism only breeds terrorism. Palestinian leaders stole the aid sent to the Palestinian people and built mansions in Washington, Paris and London, while ignoring the suffering of their people."

Commenting on the Saudi prince's statements about the Palestinian leadership's corruption and ineptitude, Fahd Al-Shoqiran, a Saudi researcher and columnist, wrote that the Palestinians "must be reminded that the hundreds of billions of money their leaders received to support their cause from Saudi Arabia throughout its history were capable of building the Palestinians huge cities."

Instead, Al-Shoqiran said, Palestinian leaders used the money to buy private planes and luxurious buildings in Europe and the US. "For the Palestinian leaders, the Palestinian issue is just an investment project that generates huge profits," he said.

"That's why the talk about the need for an efficient alternative political leadership causes them to panic. The prince's speech was clear, direct, accurate and frank. The speech is a wake-up call. Things have changed, and whoever wants a solution should seek ways to achieve one."

Palestinian leaders, meanwhile, appear to be afraid of responding to the serious charges made by Prince Bandar bin Abdulaziz.

These leaders have not sent their people to the streets to burn Saudi flags in protest of the criticism made by the prince and other Saudis. Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas and his officials are well aware that, unlike the UAE or Bahrain, Saudi Arabia is a large and extremely powerful country. They also know that losing the support of Saudi Arabia would mean forfeiting the backing of several other Arab countries closely associated with the kingdom.

The latest Saudi media onslaught against the Palestinians could be seen as a prelude for Saudi Arabia following suit with the UAE and Bahrain by establishing relations with Israel. What is evident, meanwhile, is that, where Saudi Arabia is concerned, the Palestinians are on very thin ice. In fact, they may wake up to discover that the ice is melting all over the Arab world.