News from Norway

Discuss world politics in relation to Islam and Muslims.
Ariel

Re: News from Norway

Post by Ariel »

Norwegian ruling party aims to ban ‘annoying’ Islamic call to prayer

One of Norway’s ruling parties has plans to ban mosques from broadcasting the call to prayer in the country. The Progress Party will have a vote on the issue during its national meeting this weekend.

The party’s immigration spokesman, Jon Helgheim says: “What I care about is that people get peace and quiet in their neighbourhoods, and that means not being disturbed by the call to prayer.”

When being confronted with that the party’s plans could violate the European Convention on Human Rights he says: “If there are conflicting provisions in the Convention on Human Rights, I simply don’t care, because it’s completely stupid.”

A regional branch of the Progress Party in Buskerud county used similar arguments to ban mosques from broadcasting the call to prayer. A spokesman told The Local Norway:

“In several places in the country have now established regulations under which mosques have permission to issue the call to prayer over loudspeakers”

“A great many people perceive this as annoying and inappropriate. In Norway, we have freedom of religion, which should also include the right not to be exposed to public calls to prayer.”
The heart of the wise inclines to the right,
but the heart of the fool to the left.

pr126

Post by pr126 »

Ariel wrote:

One of Norway’s ruling parties has plans to ban mosques from broadcasting the call to prayer in the country. The Progress Party will have a vote on the issue during its national meeting this weekend.

The party’s immigration spokesman, Jon Helgheim says: “What I care about is that people get peace and quiet in their neighbourhoods, and that means not being disturbed by the call to prayer.”

When being confronted with that the party’s plans could violate the European Convention on Human Rights he says: “If there are conflicting provisions in the Convention on Human Rights, I simply don’t care, because it’s completely stupid.”

A regional branch of the Progress Party in Buskerud county used similar arguments to ban mosques from broadcasting the call to prayer. A spokesman told The Local Norway:

“In several places in the country have now established regulations under which mosques have permission to issue the call to prayer over loudspeakers”

“A great many people perceive this as annoying and inappropriate. In Norway, we have freedom of religion, which should also include the right not to be exposed to public calls to prayer.”
Good luck with that.

The call to prayer over the loudspeakers is a declaration of Islamic supremacy. In your face, infidel!
Islam: an idea to kill and die for.

Nosuperstition

Post by Nosuperstition »

The call to prayer over the loudspeakers is a declaration of Islamic supremacy. In your face, infidel!
Does the prayer say that there is no God but Allah and Muhammad is his last prophet or does it just say that there is no God but Allah?La illaha rasoolullah.I grew up hearing this prayer regularly between my U.K.G and 11th class being blarred out of the loudspeaker but never really knew its meaning until I came to this forum.Of course not on all days but only on days just prior to and during exams when I woke up at 4:00 A.M or 5:00 A.M to memorise the subjects.
Last edited by Nosuperstition on Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
palli or halli in Dravidian languages means a village just like gaav in Aryan languages means a village.palli or halli in Aryan Mauryan Imperial era around 200 B.C designates a tribal hamlet.So many of those in South India are indeed descendants of tribals and are still keeping up that heritage.

Nosuperstition

Post by Nosuperstition »

From a distance that sound was music to my ears.Anyway isn't music banned according to some Sunni sects?So how is the azaan allowed?
palli or halli in Dravidian languages means a village just like gaav in Aryan languages means a village.palli or halli in Aryan Mauryan Imperial era around 200 B.C designates a tribal hamlet.So many of those in South India are indeed descendants of tribals and are still keeping up that heritage.

manfred

Post by manfred »

What is music to one is noise to another.... I always thought it not unlike the noise a vacuum cleaner makes.....

The point of the "call to prayer" is not provide free musical entertainment, it is to establish Islamic dominance in the land.
Jesus: "Ask and you will receive." Mohammed: "Take and give me 20%"

Nosuperstition

Post by Nosuperstition »

manfred wrote:What is music to one is noise to another.... I always thought it not unlike the noise a vacuum cleaner makes.....

The point of the "call to prayer" is not provide free musical entertainment, it is to establish Islamic dominance in the land.
I and my brother used to go to a Muslim Maths tutor near that mosque for a few days when I was in my 6th standard.Some muslims also used to come over for the same.A few days later,he went off to Saudi Arabia.Now that was a period when the Babri movement was at its peak.Now those muslim kids used to oust my brother from the prime space by co-operating with one another.One of the kids' mother worked in the Telephone department,the same in which my mom too worked.Yet he tried to edge out my brother.So people will always behave with pack mentality.Now that tuition master's son was hardly in the L.K.G when he enquired me about my religion.

Ariel

Post by Ariel »

A human life is often noting worth for Muslim, let alone a dogs life. Poor thing, this makes me mad, and also poor dog owners. They must have felt helpless.
Migrant robber kicked Chihuahua to death in Norway

The police in Oslo are looking for an African migrant who killed a Chihuahua in connection with a robbery, Nettavisen reports.

In the Facebook group Dyrehjelperne (The Animal Helpers), the owner of the dog describes how a “Somali man in his 35-40s” violently attacked the little Chihuahua in the park at St. Hanshaugen in Oslo.

She tells Nettavisen that her boyfriend was out walking the dog, named Leah, on Tuesday afternoon when he was robbed by the man.

“Leah yapped and he kicked her in the head so hard that she flew into the air. Then he went after her and kicked her again”, says the heart broken dog owner Rubi.

The dog later died of its injuries – a broken neck and a skull fracture, in an animal clinic. A taxi driver had then refused to let the dying animal into his car.

“Leah has never hurt anyone. She was so kind”, says Rubi to Nettavisen.

The Oslo police reportedly look seriously at the incident and seek witnesses. The robber is described as an approximately 180 cm tall, dark-skinned man with short hair and a beard.

The cruel attack has sparked outrage in Norway, and so far Rubi’s Facebook post has almost 20,000 reactions, shares and comments.

Ariel

Post by Ariel »

Domineering Muslims want ‘offensive’ memorial with Prophet Muhammad’s name removed in Norwegian city

Local Muslims in Norway’s third-largest city of Stavanger say that a nameplate honoring Bangladeshi Nobel Peace Prize winner Muhammad Yunus is offensive since the Prophet’s name is being stepped upon.

Angry members of the Muslim Joint Council – an organization which has about 8,000 members – have called for the plate which has been set up to memorialize Nobel Peace Prize winner Muhammad Yunus to be removed from the ground.

The group’s rationale is that the since Yunus shares the name of the Islamic prophet, people walking over the holy man’s name is a sign of abject disrespect.

The memorial was originally set up seven years ago and isn’t particularly unique to the city. Similar installations have been set up in the city to honor other Nobel Peace Prize winners like the Dalai Lama and Desmond Tutu.

Summer Ejaz, a spokesperson for the Muslim Joint Council Rogaland told the Norwegian national broadcaster NRK, “Here it lies on the ground, people step on it, and no one sees what it is,” while adding that the name Muhammad is “respectable and gracious”.

Ejaz said that his fellow Muslims have been complaining about the memorial for years now.

“Stavanger is a diverse city with inhabitants from 200 different countries. It is therefore important that the municipality safeguards the minority population’s feelings in this matter. It has to do with well-being and people’s mental health,” Ejaz explained.

Since it was initially raised, the issue has polarized the city.

Bjørg Tysdal Moe, the Vice Mayor and member of the Christian Democrats, has said that she’s open to submitting to the demands of the Muslims inhabitants of the city.

“When the Muslims respond, I take it seriously. And since this work of art has been there since 2012, it is important for us to get a dialogue about this,” Moe told NRK.

In stark contrast, the right-wing Progress Party has mentioned being “extremely skeptical” about the request. They’ve suggested that the plate should remain where it is.

Progress Party leader Kristoffer Sivertsen told reporters from Dagsavisen, “We cannot take into account each and every offense every time someone gets triggered,” calling the response to the memorial’s placement “offense hysteria”.

The Norwegian Atheist Society also defended the memorial, posing the question, “What has Prophet Muhammad done to deserve any respect?”

The secretary-general of the Council for Religious and Life Stance Communities in Norway, Ingrid Rosendorf Joys, said that she found it “strange” that a tribute to a Nobel Peace Prize laureate is being seen as an “affront against the Prophet”.

Over 20 percent of Stavanger’s population of 130,000 people is now composed of immigrants.

Ariel

Post by Ariel »

Report: “Migrants’ children are more likely to commit crimes than parents”

A recent study conducted by Statistic Norway has revealed that the children of immigrants commit more crimes than their parents – first-generation immigrants – do, suggesting that the notion of integration is merely a fantasy.

Figures from the study showed that Norwegian-born men with Somali family background in the age group 15 to 35 were 4.6 times more likely to have committed a violent crime. Furthermore, men in the same age group with Iraqi backgrounds were 4 times more likely to have committed a violent crime. And again, the same pattern can be seen in Moroccan Norwegians (3.2), Turkish Norwegians (2.8), and Pakistani Norwegians (2.4).

For members in Norway’s rightist Progress Party, these figures clearly indicate that proper integration is not taking place and that the Norwegian government should take more action and “make more demands” to address the problem.

Sigmund Book Mohn of Statistics Norway of Statistics Norway told the Swedish newspaper Aftenposten, “There are significantly higher rates among immigrants for certain types of offenses, such as mistreatment in close relationships. And significantly lower for other types, such as embezzlement.”

Jon Helgheim, the Progress Party’s integration spokesman said that this essentially means that “integration doesn’t happen automatically over time”.

“From 2015-2017, a total of 443 people were charged with “mistreatment in close relationships”, including domestic violence. Of those 443 individuals charged, 185 of them were immigrants.

This clearly points to significant over-representation.

Directly referencing the problem, deputy leader and former Integration Minister Sylvi Listhaug said, “We have to stop hushing it down.”

“It is not so that showering them with money and services, which Norway has been good at, solves the problem. We must make more demands and check better whether the integration measures have any effect,” Helgheim and Listhuag said.

A 2017 report from Statistics Norway also revealed that migrants from certain countries were over-represented in crime statistics. In the report, migrants from Somalia, Iraq, Iran, and Kosovo were all substantially over-represented in crime per capita data during the period between 2010 and 2013. The report also revealed that second-generation migrants were, in fact, typically more likely to commit crimes than their parents. However, refugees’ children were the exception.

In recent years, the percentage of Norwegians with immigrant backgrounds has sharply risen. Today, close to 17 percent of Norwegians have roots abroad.

Fernando

Post by Fernando »

They would no doubt claim that the wicked infidel Norwegians are leading their innocent Muslim children astray.
‘Hindus and Muslims belong to two different religious philosophies, social customs and literary traditions. They neither intermarry nor eat together, and indeed they belong to two different civilisations which are based mainly on conflicting ideas and conceptions.’ Muhammad Ali Jinnah

Ariel

Post by Ariel »

Fernando wrote:They would no doubt claim that the wicked infidel Norwegians are leading their innocent Muslim children astray.
:*) Could be...All those poor immigrant children who have been excluded from money, school and work.

Have a look at this video from Germany. Immigrants were promised 2000 euro a month, and now they are very disappointed

The video is in German language, but you will get the grip.

Video......

Ansar al-Zindiqi

Post by Ansar al-Zindiqi »

Norway Deports Islamic-State Linked Radical Migrants

The Norwegian government has deported 15 migrants with ties to Islamic State, withdrawing their residency permits.

Four of those deported saw their decisions come since May and according to Justice Minister Jøran Kallmyr, the vast majority of those deported were either Islamic State fighters or women who bore children to members of the terror group, NRK reports.
“They have been abroad for more than two years after leaving Norway. So there is an opening in the asylum rules so that we can withdraw the residence permit,” Kallmyr said.

Around 100 Norwegians travelled overseas to fight for radical Islamic terror groups, 60 of which were foreign nationals with Norwegian residency.

Since May, the Norwegian government has actively stripped Islamic State members of their residency permits as opposed to the prior policy of simply waiting for them to expire. The previous policy also forced Norway to take in foreign fighters.

The Norwegian Directorate of Immigration (UDI) has actively worked with the Norwegian Police Security Service (PST) to determine those with an affiliation to Islamic terror groups, Kallmyr said and added that the PST had sent a list of around 40 foreign fighters to the agency.

“We will make sure that no one in this portfolio can return to Norway. There is still some information gathering that remains. Many are believed to be dead, but since we do not have verification that they have died, we will expel them as well,” Kallmyr added.

The Norwegian approach to Islamic State fighters is in stark contrast to that of neighbouring Sweden.

Earlier this year, Swedish terrorism expert Magnus Ranstorp suggested Sweden refuse to allow in Islamic State members because unlike Norway, there were few laws to enable their prosecution once back in the country.

Sweden’s Prime Minister Stefan Löfven has also refused to consider the idea of stripping the citizenships from Islamic State members, a policy which the UK has used on both “Jihadi Jack” Jack Letts and ISIS bride Shamima Begum.
Don't be a believer but a heretic unto yourself.

Ariel

Post by Ariel »

Perfect. ...All those people have a dual nationality, so let them go to the country of there parents.

antineoETC

Post by antineoETC »

Ansar al-Zindiqi wrote:Sweden’s Prime Minister Stefan Löfven has also refused to consider the idea of stripping the citizenships from Islamic State members, a policy which the UK has used on both “Jihadi Jack” Jack Letts and ISIS bride Shamima Begum.
There has been the predictable grumblings of "racism" etc from the political left over Shamima Begum in particular. However, if, as we are assured, ISIS are wicked corrupters of the true peaceful message of Islam then they must fall meet the Koranic definition of those who:

strive after corruption in the land (5:33)

For whom the same verse mandates the penalties of :

[being]killed or crucified, or [having] their hands and feet on alternate sides cut off, or [being] expelled out of the land.

So who in the wider Muslim community is going to complain if ISIS members incur the last of these penalties?
"Prophet Muhammad...bought, sold, captured, and owned slaves" SOURCE: BBC website
"Muhammad is considered to be a perfect model" SOURCE: BBC website

Ariel

Post by Ariel »

Norway: Rape victim ‘feels guilty’ that Somali migrant who raped him was deported

A Norwegian man who was raped by a Somali migrant has said that he feels ‘guilty’ because the foreign sexual predator was deported back to his home country.

The rape victim, Karsten Nordal Hauken, who identifies as an anti-racist and feminist was sexually assaulted five years ago.

Although the attack resulted in him sinking into depression and substance abuse, Hauken said that he felt guilty about his sexual abuser being deported back to Somalia after serving a jail sentence in Norway, the Independent reports.

In a piece written for the Norwegian broadcaster NRK, Hauken outlines his experience of the sexual assault and how it affected his life.

During the piece, Hauken recounts how he felt when he heard that his attacker would be deported from the country. He describes how he was “a bit taken by surprise”.

“The tears, they came the moment I sat in the car,” he said.

“I felt relief and joy that he was going away forever. I felt that the Norwegian government took on the responsibility to exercise the ultimate revenge like an angry father confronts a child abuser.”

“But I also got a strong sense of guilt and responsibility. I was the reason why he should not be left in Norway, but rather to face a very uncertain future in Somalia,” Hauken continued.

“He had already served his sentence in prison. Should he now be punished again? And this time much harder?”

“I am afraid that no girls will want me and that other men will laugh at me. Afraid that I’ll be perceived as anti-feminist when I say that young men who are struggling should get more attention,” Hauken said.

Hauken’s story and personal orientation toward his attacker highlights a kind of pathological altruism and inability to take one’s own side that has become endemic in much of Western society today.

Despite having been raped and having his life ruined by a foreign criminal who should’ve never been living in his country in the first place, Hauken still feels an odd and pathological kind of sympathy for his attacker.

Ansar al-Zindiqi

Post by Ansar al-Zindiqi »

I looked up the victim and found this and translated it from Norwegian. I'm calling mental illness on this guy.
In the calendar's fifteenth slot, Karsten Nordal Hauken, former participant in NRK's "I Against Me", talks about what it is like to be 1 in 100 men who have been raped. Rape statistics are not numbers - they are people.
Don't be a believer but a heretic unto yourself.

Ariel

Post by Ariel »

Oslo, Norway...

Several Norwegian protesters from the organization SIAN (Stop Islamizing of Norway) were attacked by Muslims & Leftists when they set fire to a Qur'an

Police told SIAN they would NOT allow the Qur'an to be burned so members were tackled to the ground & arrested

farishta

Post by farishta »

O! Norwegians stop eating Halal and grow some spine.

https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/1519 ... y-pakistan

Ariel

Post by Ariel »

The end of days for Europe
Norwegian mayor asks church to take down Star of David decoration

Head of Strand in southern Norway says symbol, used as Christmas holiday ornament, is too associated with Jews, Israel

The park in southern Norway must remain “neutral,” especially in light of the controversy, Lauvsnes told the Aftenbladet news outlet.

Unnamed critics said the church “designed [the decoration] as a Star of David, a national symbol both for the Jews and for the State of Israel” and “therefore does not fit in the public space” in Strand.

The church is considering the request as it does “not want to provoke in any way,” its representative told Strandbuen.

The use of the Star of David in Christmas decorations is common throughout northern Europe.

The municipality’s intervention provoked anger, including by the editor in chief of the Dagen daily, Vebjorn Selbekk.

“Municipal Christmas bureaucrats obviously do not want a Jewish or Israeli mark on their Christmas. Then we almost have to remind them of some key facts about why we celebrate Christmas at all,” Selbekk wrote in a column titled “merry Jew-free Christmas,” adding the the holiday “is marked by the fact that a Jewish boy was born to a Jewish mother in a Jewish stable in a Jewish city in a Jewish country.”
This is an outrageous request. And this only because they don't want to hurt the souls of the poor Muslims.

Ariel

Post by Ariel »