How to expose Islam?

Discuss world politics in relation to Islam and Muslims.
antineoETC

Re: How to expose Islam?

Post by antineoETC »

sum wrote:The Koran is meant to be for all time and so it would not be easy for the muslims to claim that the quotes that we give relate only to the time of the quote.
Imagine you were appearing on a tv news program discussing the latest atrocity in France together with a spokesperson from an Islamic organization. He says "All Muslims utterly condemn this brutal killing which goes against the teaching of our faith, which is a religion of peace".

How would you respond?
"Prophet Muhammad...bought, sold, captured, and owned slaves" SOURCE: BBC website
"Muhammad is considered to be a perfect model" SOURCE: BBC website

sum

Post by sum »

Hello antineoETC

I would never find myself in that position. A quickfire face to face confrontation would never be the way that I would go.

What I am suggesting is the written word, preferably in the newspapers. This approach would enable the public to keep as a record the quotes from the Koran and the responses. It also gives time to create carefully considered criticism of Islam and Islam`s actions past and present and how these actions are in accord with Islam`s guidance. If needed, quotes from the "Reliance of the Traveller" could be given which is the bedrock of the four main sects of Islam.

I am not against your suggestion of asking if muslims support public flogging but suggest that it is introduced after the opening criticism of Islam because of the terrorism that it creates.

sum

antineoETC

Post by antineoETC »

sum wrote:I am not averse to your suggestion re flogging but as there is no public flogging in the West it would be a little awkward to introduce it "out of the blue" without an opening.
If you ask a Muslim if they believe "adulterers" should be flogged gives them just two options:

Answer in the negative in which case they are denying the word of Allah which makes them de facto apostates - which can then be pursued.

Answer in the positive which shows they are not "moderates". It also opens the way to questions as to what would happen if kafirs tried to physically interfere with the carrying out of this commandment of Allah.

As I said, unlike verse 9:5 and other "fighting" passages it is impossible to cross reference this verse with other verses to claim that it is limited to those who attacked the Muslims first, fought them for their faith, drove them from their homes, assisted others in driving them out etc etc. You put a big ad in the paper quoting the violent verses you are just going to get a counter ad putting those verses "in context" which will satisfy a lot of casual non-Muslim observers - particularly leftists who are most eager to be so satisfied.
There is no mention in the Koran that the guidance, in part, is only for the time of Muhammad.
However, it is quite clear that, although the Quran reads in the present tense, it was allegedly revealed at a particular time and references events in that time. Passages speaking to the "wives of the prophet" clearly cannot be applied today.
"Prophet Muhammad...bought, sold, captured, and owned slaves" SOURCE: BBC website
"Muhammad is considered to be a perfect model" SOURCE: BBC website

sum

Post by sum »

Hello antineoETC

I am still not sure how you would start to address the matter and in what medium. Although your question is very valid, how and where would you pose the question? Don`t you think that you would first need an opening such as a public flogging that the various media had already exposed? Short of this, I serious doubt if any of the media would pose your question. Your question would need context in order to be posed.

I still stand by my approach where an act of terrorism would be the reason and opening to expose, initially by questioning, the Islamic teaching that lead to the terrorism. I think that this would stand a reasonable chance of the media responding. As I have said before, quoting the Koran would be a start and if the muslims tried to defend the action as you suggest then keep on quoting more verses of the Koran. If needed, one can quote the Reliance of the Traveller which is what the four main sects of Islam follow. One could also reveal how Islam spread over the centuries and ask if all this conquering and enslaving was, or was not, true Islam.

At some point in the discussion your question could be introduced.

I strongly support the print media for the medium to use in order to expose Islam, simply because what is being discussed could be kept as a record and used to check if the claims are factual and true.

sum